Jason Taylor is an established designer who has worked on many diverse projects and commissions.
He has exhibited and sold his range of lighting and furniture around the world, in art galleries and museums, as well as high street shops and design outlets.
Taylor works with everyday items or ‘ready mades’ and loves tinkering with them to combine, adapt and transform them into new designs. In late 2011, he set himself the mammoth challenge of using mundane household objects to create a new experimental piece every day throughout 2012 – hence the title – Everyday Objects.
The Everyday Objects exhibition is flexible and can be adapted to fit a gallery space of between 120sqm and 250sqm. The hire fee is £1000 per eight week period and the exhibition comprises the following;
- One way transportation
- Three purpose designed ‘paste table’ display units made by Jason Taylor to exhibit his ‘everyday objects’
- A selection of over 100 ‘everyday objects’
- Three digital photo frames, for wall mounting, which display images of all 366 objects on a continuous loop
- A video of the artist talking about the project and his work. (Hiring venue to provide a monitor and DVD player unless otherwise agreed)
- A catalogue to accompany the exhibition for sale on a sale or return basis, priced £2.50
- An education resource pack to accompany the exhibition
- Text panels and labels
- 14 wall mounted images of Jason’s work – 89cm x 56cm
- Two ‘Brush Seats’ and a plinth on which to display them
- 3 Walk Lights and 3 Grate Lights and a plinth and cover on which to display them.
Date : 9 July to 27 August 2016
Venue: The Civic, Barnsley
Duration: 7 weeks