Here at 20-21 Visual Arts Centre we offer a number of fundays throughout the year. These are usually linked to our exhibitions and are family orientated. As well as our artivity table, we have as many different activities, often with exhibiting artists. We also regularly feature children’s entertainers, and have lots of helpful volunteers to make sure you enjoy your day. For further information on any of our upcoming events, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01724 297070.
The Big Draw Festival 2019
Tuesday 22 – Friday 25 October
This year the annual Big Draw Festival’s theme of Drawn to To Life focuses on the vital role of creativity for health and wellbeing. At 20-21 we are offering FREE inclusive, exciting and dynamic drawing opportunities – in the centre and outside the centre.
Life Drawing on the Move
Wednesday 23 October 10.30am
Life drawing on the go through Scunthorpe town centre. Take up the challenge of drawing our (clothed!) model as they make their way through Scunthorpe town centre. We’ll be starting off from 20-21 Visual Arts Centre in Church Square and following our life model as they head to St John’s Market and back, striking poses along the way. But they won’t be holding each pose for long, so you’ll have to be quick on the draw to capture them!
All materials will be provided, although you’re welcome to bring your own. This free event is expected to last from 10.30am-noon. However you’re welcome to join in or leave at any point.
Design a Day of the Dead Skeleton
Wednesday 23 October 1.30-3.30pm
Work together to decorate different life sized cardboard bones and collaboratively create a skeleton.
Day of the Dead Pavement Art
Thursday 24 October 10.30-12.30pm
Decorate the paved area in Church Square outside the 20-21 Visual Arts Centre building with Day of Dead chalk designs.
Draw Famous Artists on Perspex
Thursday 24 October 1.30-3.30pm
Using chalk markers, choose from a selection of famous artists and draw their portrait on clear Perspex.
Big Draw Belton Country Park (off site event)
Friday 25 October 10am-3pm
Discover our very own Greenway and drop into Belton Kitchen & Visitor Centre, where we’re inviting you to add some writing or a drawing on our giant Perspex, which will then be displayed on the Isle for all to see.
This Big Draw event is being offered in partnership with the Isle of Axholme & Hatfield Chase Landscape Partnership, and will be taking place at:
Day of the Dead Funday
Saturday 2 November 10am-4pm
Because Pumpkin Day is so last week, we’ve decided this year to have a free Day of the Dead themed Family Funday instead!
- Jim Bond Splat Anatomy: just like the classic Operation game, but gloopy! 10.30am-3.30pm FREE
- Face Painting 10.30am-3.30pm £5pp
- Remembrance Wall: Add names of loved ones
- Day of the Dead Crafts on our Activity Table
- Day of the Dead LEGO® Mosaic 10.30-3.30 £1pp – Let’s see if we can finish our Sugar Skull mosaic!
- LEGO® Day of the Dead Make & Take Workshops: Sessions running throughout the afternoon
- Silent Auction 10.30am-3.30pm: Will you be the highest bidder?
- Day of the Dead Biscuit Decorating 10.30am-3pm
- Fancy Dress Competition 3pm: Don’t put those Halloween costumes away just yet!
Other Fundays and Events coming up include…
- Christmas Lights Switch on – Saturday 30 November 10am-7pm: Join 20-21 Visual Arts Centre to celebrate the switching on of Scunthorpe’s Christmas lights. Meet Mother Christmas, enjoy special festive treats in the gallery café and create Christmassy makes at the ARTivity table. Make sure you book you place for our LEGO Christmas tree decoration make and take activity!
Our events are suitable for all, but children under-eight must be accompanied by a participating adult.
To find out more about the events and activities taking place at 20-21, please visit our What’s on pages.